The Detailed Navigation iView in the navigation panel lets you navigate through the hierarchy of the folders.
· Clicking an arrow beside a node, or the node name, expands a workset or folder to reveal its contents.
¡ If it is the final folder in a particular chain, one of its pages opens in the content area, unless a property was set that only allows a node to expand to reveal the contents, and does not automatically launch a page.
○ If a page is launched, it is not necessarily the first page in the folder, but the one that has been defined as the default presenting page.
● To navigate to a specific page, start with a specific node and keep expanding the subsequent folders until you reach the folder containing the content you need.
¡ Clicking any of the links displays either a page and its iViews, or a single iView, in the content area.
● The tree structure shows the path that you followed to the information currently displayed in the content area.
● Folders in the detailed navigation iView may appear with an arrow inside the folder icon. These folders have been configured by your content administrator as navigation zoom points. Clicking a navigation zoom point replaces the main portal screen with a subset of the navigation hierarchy. The navigation zoom point becomes the root node, and all of the navigation nodes below the navigation zoom point are now arranged in top-level navigation and detailed navigation. This enables you to view a specific subject area of the portal separately from the rest of the portal.
○ Clicking the arrow beside the navigation zoom point expands the folder to reveal its contents, without replacing the portal screen.
○ To return to the main portal from a navigation zoom, click Back to main portal in the masthead.
● To return to a previous page, you can use the Back button of your Internet browser, as well as the breadcrumb path, the Back/Forward links, and the History menu in the page title bar. The top-level navigation and detailed navigation adjust themselves accordingly.