Your list can contain fixed columns. The column either can be fixed as the default setting for the application, or you can define the column as fixed.
Fixed columns have the following properties:
● You can only identify fixed columns if the paginators are visible and activated. Only then are fixed columns separated from other columns by a thick line.
● When you scroll horizontally, fixed columns do not move; they are always visible.
● Fixed columns can be arranged at the left or right side of the list.
If you display the list as a hierarchy, all hierarchy columns are merged in the first column. This first column of the hierarchy is always fixed automatically.
The first column of the hierarchy is always treated as one fixed column, regardless of how many hierarchy columns are merged into it.
The list is set in such a way that you can fix individual columns:
● Depending on the system setting, you can fix columns to the left or right side of the list.
● When you specify the width of the list by specifying the number of columns, this value only applies to columns that are not fixed. Fixed columns are displayed independently of this width.
If fixing columns is permitted for the list, you can continue to move, and show or hide columns.
However, if fixing columns is not permitted for the list, and the list contains fixed columns, you cannot move or hide these fixed columns.
● The Column Selection tab page is displayed in the Settings dialog box.
● The Columns Fixed to Left and Columns Fixed to Right dropdown list boxes are displayed on the Column Selection tab page.
1. To fix the columns, open the Settings dialog box (see Using the Dialog Box with Settings for the List).
2. Choose the Column Selection tab page as required.
In the Displayed Columns list, all columns that are currently visible are listed.
3. In the Displayed Columns list, move the columns that you want to fix to the left, to the top of the list. In the Displayed Columns list, move the columns that you want to fix to the right, to the bottom of the list (see Swapping Columns).
4. Using the Columns Fixed to Left dropdown list box, specify how many columns you want to fix to the left. Using the Columns Fixed to Right dropdown list box, specify how many columns you want to fix to the right.
5. Apply your settings to the list.