By default, the data is displayed in the ALV Grid Control view. Alternatively, you can switch to the Excel view. Your data is sent to Excel and displayed instead of the grid. The toolbar of the ALV Grid Control remains in unchanged form; you can also continue to use the functions provided in the Excel view.
To display the Excel Inplace view, Excel must be installed on your computer.
To display the data in Excel, choose ® Excel Inplace.
In full-screen mode, choose Views ® Microsoft Excel.
Your data is sent to Excel, where it is displayed instead of the grid. The information and settings from the grid view are copied over, and displayed on the Format sheet. When this is done:
● The column headers are copied over.
● The column sequence and the column width are copied over.
● The lead columns are displayed in turquoise.
The following sheets are provider in addition to the displayed Format sheet:
● Header (only relevant for full-screen mode): On this sheet, additional header information is displayed above the list data.
● Pivot: This sheet provides the pivot table for the list data.
● Sub1-Sub10: On these sheets, only the subtotals for the corresponding subtotal level are displayed.
● RawData: The list data is displayed without any additional information, such as lead columns, header information, totals, or subtotals.
● RawHeader (only relevant for full-screen mode): Only the header information is displayed.
These sheets are based on the Excel view templates delivered by SAP. You can also define your own or cross-customer templates as required, into which you can add a company logo to the sheets, for example. See Managing Templates.
Do not change the data in the executed sheets. If you want to edit the data, create your own worksheet by choosing Insert ® Table. Any changes that you make to the data are not copied to another view if you switch view.
The functions provided in the ALV Grid Control toolbar are also available in Excel. Any changes that you make using the ALV Grid Control toolbar are applied to the new view when you switch view.
The settings that you make on the Display tab page are not displayed in Excel; however, they are copied over when you switch to the ALV Grid Control.
In the Excel view, you cannot define filters and sorting options using the toolbar of the ALV Grid Control. You can use the filter and sorting options from Excel. These changes are not copied over when you switch the view.
To return to the grid view, choose ® Grid.
In full-screen mode, choose Views ®SAP List Viewer.