Depending on where the ALV grid control is used, there are various methods for selecting and deselecting cells and rows:
● There are no pushbuttons the left side of the list:
○ You can only select one row at a time.
○ You can select multiple rows.
● There are pushbuttons on the left side of the list:
○ You can select several rows and individual cells.
○ You can select several rows as well as several cells or individual cells.
● If no pushbuttons are displayed on the left side of the list, you select a row by clicking an entry in the row.
● If pushbuttons are displayed on the left side of the list, you select a row by clicking the pushbutton on the relevant row.
In this case, you select the relevant cell by clicking on the entry in the row.
In both cases:
To select several rows, press the Shift button and choose the cells as described above.
● Adjacent rows:
Select a row, choose Shift or Control, and select the desired rows, or
Choose Shift, and select the first and the last of the required rows, or
Select a row, keep the mouse button pressed, and drag the mouse over the required rows.
● Rows that are not adjacent:
Select a row, choose Control, and select the required rows.
● All rows:
You can only select all rows at once if pushbuttons are displayed on the left side of your list. To select all rows, choose .
To deselect individual rows, press the Ctrl button and click the relevant row.
The selection of the rows have an orange background. The position of your cursor is indicated with a yellow background.