You can transfer field contents to and from the operating system clipboard using the operating system clipboard interface. You do not use the functions provided in the Edit menu. They are only meant for communication between SAP applications.
You can operate on single fields as follows:
1. To select a field or the text you want to copy or move, click and drag the cursor over the desired text. The selected text is highlighted.
¡ To move the data from an input field to the clipboard of your operating system, choose with the quick info text Customizing of local layout ® Clipboard ® Cut (CTRL+X).
The field is now blank.
¡ To copy data from the field to the clipboard, choose with the quick info text Customizing of local layout ® Clipboard ® Copy (CTRL+C).
Data remains in the field.
2. To paste data, position the cursor where you want the data to be pasted and choose with the quick info text Customizing of local layout ® Clipboard ® Paste (CTRL+V). The text is pasted at the current cursor position. The transferred data remains on the clipboard until you use Cut or Copy again to move or copy new texts on the clipboard. You can paste data in fields of another SAP screen or external application.
To copy data from several fields or different field types to the clipboard, you must turn on the selection mode. To do this:
1. Choose with the quick info text Customizing of local layout ® Clipboard ®Mark (CTRL+Y)
The pointer changes into a crosshair cursor.
2. Select one corner of the area you want to copy. While holding the mouse button, drag the cursor to the opposite corner (for example, from top left to bottom right).
The system displays a rectangle to indicate the selected area.
3. Release the mouse button when the rectangle covers the entire text you want to copy.
4. Choose with the quick info text Customizing of local layout ® Clipboard ® Copy (CTRL+C) or Cut (CTRL+X).
The selected text is placed on the clipboard.