Forum users can create messages and reply to them.
You can create the following types of message in a forum:
● A new thread
● A reply to a thread
● A reply in response to a reply from another user to a thread
1. In a forum, choose the function for creating a new thread (Post New Thread).
Enter a title and
text (and an attachment if required) for your thread.
You can give a thread a special question symbol so that it stands out to readers ().
3. When you save your message, you have two options:
○ Place the thread in a forum
○ Save thread as a draft. If you save the thread as a draft, you can edit it later on before posting it in a forum. You use the control panel to edit messages that you have saved as drafts. For more information, see Using the Control Panel for Forums.
In moderated forums, each thread has to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible for all users. If this is the case, a message appears telling you that your message needs to be approved by a moderator. In some cases, the moderator may reject a message.
New threads appear at the top of the list of threads for a forum.
Depending on how your system is configured, the following rules may apply with regard to changing threads that have already been posted:
● You can always edit threads that you created and posted yourself.
● You can only edit threads if nobody has replied to them yet.
● You can only edit threads within a certain period of time after posting them. Once this time period has expired you may not make changes.
You can reply to either a thread or to a message posted by another user.
4. Click the Reply function to the right of a thread or message.
5. Enter your answer and add an attachment if required.
Again, you can place the reply in the forum immediately or you can save it as a draft and post it later on.
You can also edit your messages after posting them. The following rules may apply:
● You can always edit posted messages.
● You can only edit messages if nobody has replied to them yet.
● You can only edit messages within a certain period of time after posting them. Once this time period has expired you may not make changes.
In moderated forums, each reply has to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible for all users.
You can also post threads in forums by replying to a notification e-mail. If you receive a notification e-mail and reply to the e-mail in your e-mail system, your e-mail is automatically posted as a reply in the forum. This feature is only available if the forums application is configured appropriately. For more information, see Watching Categories, Forums, Threads, and Users.