Before you can work with the mobile applications on your mobile device, you must carry out the procedures described below.
● You have a user for the server.
● The administrator has given you all the necessary information.
1. You change the initial password on the server (see Changing the Initial Password).
2. You install SAP MI on the mobile device. There are two ways to do this (see Installing the SAP MI Client Using the URL or Installing the SAP MI Client Using Setup Packages). If the administrator has already completed the installation, you can ignore this step.
3. You start SAP MI on the mobile device (see Starting SAP MI).
4. You create a user for SAP MI. If the administrator has already created a user for you, you can ignore this step (for more information, see Creating a User).
5. You log on and change the initial password, if necessary (see Logging On to SAP MI).
6. You edit the user settings and specify the address of the server you want to synchronize with (see Editing User Settings). If the administrator has already configured SAP MI in advance, you can ignore this step.
7. You synchronize for the first time so that the server can recognize the device and to download the data provided for you (see Synchronizing for the First Time). If you also downloaded applications, you must restart the device or SAP MI. If required to do so, you must then synchronize again.