You can show and hide data rows for intermediate results.
If you have defined multiple criteria to be used to generate intermediate results in the list, the intermediate results are structured hierarchically, depending on the sort sequence of the columns.
● All data records with the same value in the first sorted column are merged into one block.
● Within this block, the data records are then sorted according to the second column of the sort sequence.
● And so on
Each intermediate result in the list is assigned a specific number of points. The number of points corresponds to the hierarchy level of the intermediate result. In other words, all intermediate results for a hierarchy level are assigned the same number of points.
You can show and hide data rows that contain the subvalues of an intermediate result. This ensures a concise and clear list.
You can show and hide rows for intermediate results in the following ways:
● You choose a specific results row in the list and only show or hide the data rows for this particular intermediate result.
● You collapse to the intermediate results. This allows you to show or hide all intermediate results for all data rows.
If you specified multiple criteria, you also hide the results rows from the lower hierarchy levels (see above). Only the results rows containing the intermediate results for the highest hierarchy level, as well as those with the overall results, remain visible.
If the data rows of an intermediate result are visible, a small arrow icon that points upward is displayed next to the criterion in the corresponding results row.
If the data rows of an intermediate result are not visible, a small arrow icon that points to the right is displayed next to the criterion in the corresponding results row.
1. To hide the data rows for a specific intermediate result, choose the arrow icon in the results row.
2. To show the data rows again, choose the arrow icon in the results row.
1. To show or hide the data rows for all intermediate results, open the Settings dialog box (see Using the Dialog Box with Settings for the List).
2. Choose the Calculation tab page.
3. Set the Collapse to Intermediate Results indicator.
4. Apply your settings to the list.