Some functions in the list are only available when you indicate to which row you want to apply the function. To do this, you select the row.
To be able to edit a row in an editable list, you must select the row beforehand.
You cannot select rows in all lists. A pushbutton at the start of a row indicates that the row can be selected.
If a row cannot be selected, the pushbutton is not visible.
If the pushbuttons are displayed, the list can provide various options for selection:
● You can select one specific row.
● You can select multiple rows. The first row that you select is highlighted differently.
● You can select multiple rows. All rows are highlighted in the same way.
You can also disallow selection for specific rows in your list.
1. To select a specific row, choose the pushbutton at the beginning of the row.
The row is highlighted.
You can check whether you can select multiple rows as follows:
1. Select any row.
2. Press and hold down the CTRL key and select any other row.
If only one row in the list can be selected, the selection for the first row disappears as soon as you select a second row.
If, however, multiple rows can be selected, both rows remain selected and highlighted.
If multiple rows can be selected (see above), you can add any number of adjacent rows to your selection.
1. Select the first row for the area that you want to select.
2. Press and hold down the shift key and select the last row for the area.
If multiple rows can be selected (see above), you can add any number of adjacent rows to the selection.
1. Select any row.
2. Press and hold down the CTRL key and select another row.
3. Repeat step 2 until all required rows are selected.
If only one row is selected, you can remove the selection as follows:
1. To deselect the row, press and hold down the CTRL key and choose the pushbutton for this row again.
2. To select a different row and thereby remove the selection for the first row, choose the pushbutton for the other row.
If multiple rows are selected, you can deselect specific rows:
1. Press and hold down the CTRL key and choose the pushbutton for the relevant row.