You can set up the list in such a way that you can define filters in the Settings dialog box. You can define any number of filter criteria for each column.
If you define multiple filter criteria for a column, only those data records that fulfill each of these criteria are displayed.
● The Filter tab page is displayed in the Settings dialog box.
● Filtering is permitted for the required column.
1. To define a filter, open the Settings dialog box (see Using the Dialog Box with Settings for the List).
The Filter tab page is only visible if it is specifically activated for your application.
2. Choose the Filter tab page.
3. If you do not want capitalization to be taken into consideration when filtering, set the Ignore Uppercase and Lowercase Distinction when Filtering indicator.
This setting applies to all filters you define for the list.
4. In the Filter Column dropdown list box, select the column for which you want to define the filter and choose Add.
For each column you insert in this way, a row is displayed in which you define a filter. You can insert only one row for each column.
5. If you want to use one comparison value only, enter it in the input field next to the column header. If you want to use a range, enter the lower limit for the range in the input field next to the column header and enter the upper limit in the To input field.
6. To specify the operator and inclusion or exclusion, choose with the quick info text Sign/Option.
The Selection Options dialog box appears.
7. If you want to define the filter as an inclusion filter, choose the Select tab page in the dialog box. If you want to define the filter as an exclusion filter, choose the Exclude from Selection tab page.
8. Select the operator that you want to use for your filter.
The Selection Options dialog box closes automatically. An icon with the selected operator is displayed next to the comparison value.
9. To change the operator, choose the icon and repeat steps 5 and 6.
The rows of columns that have no filter or only one filter are indicated by the icon on the right-hand side. For these columns, either no filter is set or only one filter is set.
1. To define additional filters for a column, open the Settings dialog box and choose the Filter tab page.
A row is displayed for every column that has a filter.
2. To define another filter for one of these columns, choose the icon on the right-hand side of the relevant row:
○ In rows in which either no filter or only one filter has been defined, choose the icon.
○ In rows in which two or more filters have been defined, choose the icon.
The Multiple Selection dialog box appears. If filters have already been defined, they are listed in the dialog box.
3. Proceed as described above to define the filters. Specify all filters that you want to define for the current column in this way. Once you have finished defining filters, choose OK.
The dialog box closes. The icon now appears on the right-hand side of the row. Two or more filters are already defined here.
4. Apply your settings to the list.
The filters are displayed in the filter row. If you have defined multiple filters in a column, these are listed one after the other in the filter row for the relevant column, separated by semicolons.